Thursday, August 23, 2012

"What do you think about?

... as you do Reiki?" a woman asked yesterday, as I shared Reiki at Seniors Plus. There were about 10 of us practitioners and perhaps 40 elders.

S Plus is a gathering of local elders. They meet in a sterile modern building in an industrial complex. They walk or roll in: curious and expectant.

"What do you think about?" I heard a woman ask. She asked the Reiki practitioner who was sharing with her. I heard the practitioner respond.

"Oh, I think about my grocery list, or what I'm having for dinner," she said.

Really? Not me. I let my thoughts drift. If I think about anything, I think about the client's greatest good. I think about the Reiki symbols and Reiki history. I think about Mikao Usui, Chujiro Hayashi, and Hawayo Takata. I drift. If I notice a thought, then I release it and direct my thoughts to Reiki. I thank my guides and angel. I strive for the greatest good, I focus on light and love, I tune in to joy.

What do you think about?