Sunday, August 26, 2012

over

It's over.

Really over. I'm a teacher. I work 50-60 hours/week during the school year- championing my students, supporting, imparting, and cheering for my students.

I have summers off. Wait, off? Well, except for my 3 part-time summer jobs. Other than that, off. More flexible, anyway. I spent a lot of time at the beach, in the garden, and at yoga class.

It was so hard to get out of the water today. So hard to pack up and leave the sun. The breezes, blue sky, and loons. Novels and magazines. Goodbye sun, goodbye sand, perfect water, freedom, and relaxation.

Everything changes. We must move on. I came home, picked cleaned and cooked green beans. I packed them in five tupperwares, with vinegar and salsa or hummus. Enough for lunch all week.

Goodbye sun. Hello students.