Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Reiki?

Oh my. The peaceful, blissful days of summer have passed. I remember those days of yoga, Reiki, garden, sun, and water. I remember fun times with family and friends.

I'm a teacher. It's that time; I'm back at school. I'm overwhelmed with work and To Do lists. Thank goodness I was able to unravel and recharge. I foresee 60 hour work weeks, crises, and interpersonal conflicts: many challenges. Thank goodness I know how to stop. Breathe. Assume an asana. Do self-Reiki. Then get back to work. Thank goodness I love my job. Love my coworkers, bosses, and students. I love to help my students grow into being the awesomest caregiver they can be. I love to talk teaching methods with coworkers, and love to create learning systems.

Right now, I love to sit on my deck. There's a cool dry breeze. The garden is full of color: overall greens with a border of bright yellow. Touches of white and pink. Morning glory vines are twining up an unused lawn chair.