Thursday, March 1, 2012

mining crystals

Thinking about this lately. Someone recently described the fun of blasting open the Earth to mine crystals.

I had a visceral reaction- the cells in my body recoiled - no thought - just feeling. Like Gaia feels? I don't know. I'm trying to figure it out. I welcome your thoughts.

I love stones and crystals. I pick them up in the woods and at the beach. My teacher Angela told me years ago to ask the stone if it wants to come home with me. So I do that. Do it in stores too. I've picked up stones in Sedona, Maine beaches, & Maine woods. I buy stones and crystals. Sometimes from miners, sometimes from New Age stores. I wear stone jewelry and stones are placed all around my house and gardens.

Is it wrong? Should we leave the stones and crystals where they are? Are we ripping them out of the heart of Gaia? I worry about stuff like this.

Fracking is wrong, sure. So what about mining our beloved crystals? Please advise. thank you