Tuesday, January 31, 2012

live your life by signs

Do you? Do you notice symbols and patterns?

Driving home from work today I saw 2 ravens high up in the bare branches of a maple tree: black silhouettes against a snowy sky. I like ravens.

I notice spirals. I see them in metal grillwork, paintings, and plants. There are spirals in shells, cowlicks, and the cosmos.

Pennies. What do you think of when you see pennies on the ground? They remind me of childhood, surprise gifts, and spirits.

Numbers. Some people notice number patterns. What numbers speak to you, and what do they say?

Sometimes I think these signs are saying to me that I'm in the right place at the right time. I'm on the right path. Sometimes I think they bring me to the present, the now. So I take a deep breath and appreciate the now.

That's all for now.