Wednesday, September 3, 2014

drive-by glass repair

Windshield took a rock on Saturday. The crack crept up and around in an S curve, catching and reflecting light. I nervously watched it's progress, afraid to drive farther than the Farmer's Market.

Instead of kayaking and swimming in the pond; I stayed home and read a good book, puttered in the garden, worried about the crack and the honey bees. The bees are another story.

Guy in a van came to my workplace today and replaced the windshield. So convenient. I didn't have to sit in a shop and wait. I prepped for teaching, met with students, and organized for clinicals. Meanwhile, out in the parking lot, a new windshield.

Tomorrow I'm going to leave my grocery list in the front seat. I'm hoping the grocery fairy will take the list and leave a bag of food. Laundry too would be nice. Fill the gas tank. Drive-by chores. 

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! How exactly did the rock get to your windshield? Well, whatever happened, I'm glad the windshield has already been replaced. It would've been dangerous to drive around with it broken. It's really convenient that the guy came to your workplace, instead of you coming into their shop. That means your schedule wasn't compromised. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that! Good luck with your chores! :)

    Ross Adkins @ Bullseye Auto Glass

    ReplyDelete