Thursday, June 21, 2012

she's back

You know how I wrote that Myrtle, my GPS was gone? That I was done writing about her? And I might have written something disparaging about the company's customer service...

She is risen: she's alive. That's right. Thank you Darrell S of Olathe Kansas, customer service rep for the GPS company.

Darrell remote accessed the device through my notebook. He looked at the files: deleted the corrupted ones
and zip zap doodle... done. She's back. She recognizes my address and will take me anywhere and get me back home. 


She has a new identity. In my electronic travels I switched to a British voice. She needs a very British name. Moira? Hermione? Margaret Thatcher? She has a new attitude too. No longer says, "Recalculating," in that snippy tone, or "Arriving at destination" in that smug triumphant voice. 


Wait, I bought a new GPS two days ago. Love the new one. Yeah. Now I have two. *sigh*