Saturday, June 16, 2012

is Reiki work?

thoughts on Pamela Miles' post

Yes: because we enter into a therapeutic relationship with the client.
 It's important to distinguish a therapeutic relationship from a social relationship and from your own recharging downtime. I recognize that sharing Reiki is energizing, wonderful, amazing, and just about my favorite thing to do. My passion is to spread Reiki. It's still work. 
It's work, and we should conduct ourselves professionally: respect the rights of others, be accountable, be trustworthy.
from the article: “I wasn’t working on you,” I interrupted. ~ Agree, it isn't "I" doing the work. I believe it's the client who does the work. I believe that when I share Reiki, I bring myself: my experiences, knowledge, wisdom, and energy. I am present; I witness, support, and facilitate. I intend to assist the client in creating a space where he or she may work to achieve his or her optimal health. 


What do you think?