Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Name that GPS...

I don't like to speak ill of the departed, but the way Myrtle said, "Recalculating," well, I felt ashamed.

Tried so hard to resuscitate her; spent many hours. Decided I'd spent enough time, had things to do and places to go: bought a new GPS. Wanted to protest Garmin's unsatisfactory customer service and get a TomTom or some other device, but Garmin was the only thing available, and my tech expert Jordan said, "Garmin is good." So I got a Garmin. Took it for a test drive today. Her. She doesn't have a name yet.

I have to say, she is amazing. Sorry, Myrtle. One thing you did better, Myrtle, you had a distinct voice; hers is muffled.

But she is way cool. Crisp, contemporary graphics and knowledge base. Explicit concise directions. She's competent. Sorry, Myrtle. I like her. Now, what's her name?