Thursday, May 17, 2012

selling books to raise money for people with cancer

So I went to a big event this evening. Held at a posh hotel with a gorgeous view of the falls, the mill, and the Lewiston skyline. Lots of great people there: warm, loving, hearts-wide-open people.

Social event: eek. Not my strength. Luckily T asked me to sell my books, so yeah, had a table and a job. I can do that. I talked to everyone who wandered by.

"Hello! I'm selling these books to raise money for services for people with cancer and their caregivers. These books are about Reiki and nursing. Do you know what Reiki is? No? Well it's like this..."

I gave away a lot of bookmarks. I had to speak to the crowd, on a microphone. People snapped pics. geez louise.

Then I sold some books, yay! I raised money for people with cancer and their caregivers. Now they can receive free Reiki sessions. Sharing Reiki, spreading the light.