Sunday, May 15, 2011

Lunch at Whole Foods

Went to Portland to visit my son. He's just back from a  Florida vacation, so I needed to see him and give him a hug. I gave him a ride home from work, so he wouldn't have to walk in the rain. Gave him a book to read, Horseshoe Pond, by Andrew Flint. 

Then I went to Whole Foods, to shop and eat.

What a variety! There was a sushi bar and a pizza window. There were several self-serve stations too. Mediterranean with humus, falafel, and yogurt. There was vegan, with soba noodles and soy. There were 2 giant salad bars. There were meat stews. Mexican, and Italian. I walked around 3 times, looking. Then I chose eggplant Parmesan with spaghetti, and broccoli with guacamole and salsa. $7.99/ pound.

I bought grapefruit, strawberries, and chocolate.
Drove home in the cold rain. Saw a cardinal in the lilac bush.