Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas cards

Obsolete? Too much work? Superseded by email?

Yes.

Urggh.

The guilt. I feel like I should create a beautiful handmade calligraphic photo-endowed Christmas card and send out with a personal hand-written message to each friend and family member.

Not going to happen. I haven't got round to opening the cards I received 2 weeks ago. Or was it three. I know once I open them I'll have to answer them and that sounds like

Now don't get me wrong, I care about you. There's no excuse for the way I act and feel. But perhaps an explanation. A multifaceted explanation: I work 50-60 hours/week, time off I explore the beautiful state of Maine, that flat tire, Secret Santa at work-must shop & wrap, laziness, sloth, apathy, attempts at a social life,  Christmas-aversion, writer's cramp (no, that one won't work, scratch that), OK no excuse. I'm sorry.

I have all the best intentions. Boxes of cards are stacked, waiting for personal notes & stamps. Also waiting: spring syllabi, dust bunnies, travel plans, Reiki clients, and piles of laundry. So, group email Christmas greeting OK with you?