Sunday, July 24, 2016

Summer travels

Summer trips over; I'm home and back to work. Easing back to work. Teaching a hybrid class now, back full time in a few weeks.

I went from the SE tip of New Brunswick, Canada, to Santa Fe and Taos NM. I went to national parks, museums, mountains, canyons, beaches, and rock shops. I left my car with my son, talked to strangers, shared a bedroom with a stranger at Reiki conference, slept in a closet, slept on couches, slept in a Reiki room, hiked in the desert, hiked in the Wasatch Mountains, hiked along the rim of Bryce canyon, crossed the Continental Divide, meditated, chanted, and swam. I saw deer, antelope, elk, rabbits, cacti, cowboys, churches, mesas, buttes, and spires.

I went to Hopewell Rocks, Fundy National Park, a Reiki retreat in Massachusetts, Salt Lake City, Park City, Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, Four Corners, Abiquiu, Santa Fe, Taos, and Chebeague Island. I went to the Red Butte Botanical Garden, Utah Natural History museum, a Mormon sculpture garden, Lake Powell, the Georgia O'Keeffe museum, the Cathedral Basilica of St Francis of Assisi, Museum of Contemporary Native Arts, the Nambe Trading Post, Taos Pueblo, the Kit Carson Home and Museum, the Governor Bent Home and Museum, and Taos Ski Valley. I went from sea level: Hopewell Rocks, NB, to 11,000 feet: Guardsman Pass, Utah.

I traveled by car, bus, plane, foot, and ferry. I spent time with family: sons, grandson, DsIL, and cousins. I spent the night in Logan Airport.

I talked with my grandmother through medium Marla in New Brunswick.  I studied with Frans Stiene in Massachusetts, and shared Reiki with amazing women. I learned about insomnia, medical cannabis, medicinal herbs, and gut health at the U of NM Integrative Medicine Conference in Taos, 
and the poetry of Robert Lowell at the Chebeague Island Library.