Sunday, February 3, 2013

cardiology conference

Yesterday there was a cardiology conference at the local hospital. Open to the public. Expected audience: 80-100 local people.

The crowd looked about that big. Wired up to a microphone and equipped with a slide advancer and a laser pointer, I addressed the crowd. I had a PowerPoint presentation and an index card with notes: "thank the organizers, introduce the Reiki practitioners."

Eleven wonderful Reiki practitioners joined me. They circulated through the crowd as I spoke. People in the audience raised their hands if they wanted Reiki. They laughed at the slide of a chihuahua getting Reiki, smiling a big dog smile.

Practitioners left business cards and pamphlets on tables in the lobby; people scooped them right up.

I hung out in the lobby afterwards, chatting with my dear Reiki friends. Lots of people from the audience came up to ask questions about classes and sessions. It was a fun morning.