Sunday, October 24, 2010

dog seeking cat


Apparently, my dog is lonely. My friend Jen and her husband Chris came over today. Jen is an animal communicator. She told me that Fluff wants a cat. Not a dog. Fluffernutter said I would pay too much attention to another dog; she doesn't want a dog. She wants a cat. Not a rambunctious PIA kitten: an old cat.

Cats are OK, but I don't really like cats. They scare me a little. I think a lion must have chewed on me in a past life. And the litter box. Fluff, are you going to empty the litter box? No. I didn't think so. According to Jen, Fluff knows I wouldn't pay much attention to a cat: that's good in her opinion. But a cat would be a companion to her while I'm away at work all day, also good, in her opinion.

My sister Catherine said, "Ha! It's like a kid wanting a pony for Christmas". She said I don't have to get a cat for Fluff.

I mean, I don't want Fluff to be lonely. But I REALLY don't want a cat. You know, cats are nice. I like cats, in theory.  But the litter box. The whole, do you let them outside? thing. Cats are scary.

My dog wants a cat.