Tuesday, October 9, 2012

hearts wide open

What does that mean? My waiter yesterday told me, "You're going to love Albuquerque. Everyone here goes around with hearts wide open." Then he showed me about 20 pics of Albuquerque sunsets on his phone. He was a sweet young California surfer type. How nice.

He's right. Everyone I've met here has been so kind and generous. Starting with my cousins, who picked me up at the airport, took me into their homes, took me to their favorite restaurants, the Balloon Fiesta, and the Broadway production of The Lion King.

Since then I've been at a big downtown hotel, attending a conference. Integrative oncologists.... lots of talk about mushrooms, Chinese herbs, and research. I've learned so much about research. Yoga and meditation in the morning, fruit snacks, sunny lunches.

And everyone's hearts are wide open.