Monday, October 29, 2012

Sandy, Hurricane Sandy

It's windy. Rained all day today (Monday) and supposed to rain until Saturday. It's Hurricane Sandy.

Yesterday I bought a new flashlight and more candles.

It's Maine and we're used to hardship here. We're used to winter storms and losing electricity. Still, I dread it. I hate losing power and I'm not a generator kind of person. I like heat and hot water and don't have a wood stove. I'm dismayed at losing all the groceries in my frig and freezer. Otherwise, I'll get by. I'll take cold showers and eat at restaurants, charge up my phone at work. I'll wait patiently for electricity to return.

The best part? People join together, help each other, and look out for each other. It's a time of connection and caring.

Please stay safe & warm, everyone.