Monday, March 24, 2014

bronchitis

I was sick last week. Bronchitis. My chest felt tight. I had a wheezy productive cough. I read a lot of books and drank buckets of herbal tea. I coughed, sneezed, and wheezed. Cancelled fun plans.

I slept 10 hours every night and napped on the sunny futon every afternoon. I didn't speak to another human being for 3 1/2 days. No work, no chores. Watched the seedlings germinate and grow.

I took elderberry syrup (1 tsp 4x day), echinacea & goldenseal tincture, echinacea throat spray, local honey, and ibuprofen. My friend Betsy intuitively created for  me an aromatherapy oil which I rubbed on my chest and throat, and then covered with a hot wet washcloth.

Every morning I did yoga asanas. I did self-Reiki. I meditated. I read enlightening spiritual articles and books.

Then I felt weller. I was ready. Had a cup of coffee and ventured out into the world of people: communication and commerce.