Monday, March 10, 2014

and then...

We were sharing Reiki.

I was spacing out, soft eyes, looking at the pattern of light and dark where the wall met the ceiling. There was tinkly music playing, no one was speaking. I heard a tiny noise and turned my head.

One of the practitioners pitched forward onto the woman on the table. The person beside me stepped back, and I rushed to the falling woman, put my arm around her, and lowered her to the floor. "Get the front desk," I told one person, "Get a glass of water," I said to another. I get bossy in a crisis.

We sat on the floor. "I'm OK," she said. "What happened? I was standing up and now I'm on the floor."

It was her first time sharing Reiki. She hasn't even been attuned yet. She told me that she can't stand to be near power lines; she feels the electricity pulsing uncomfortably through her body. She told me she felt the Reiki like tingling in her hands and down her legs. Said she'd never passed out before. Said she ate today, said she felt hot just before.

This happened once before, in a class. One student passed out while sharing Reiki. I guess some people need to get used to the energy?