Sunday, February 2, 2014

wind turbines

The ones I saw in Oxford County were surprisingly sculptural, stately, and spiritual. They were slow, graceful, and beautiful.

I was drawn to them. Stopped to watch them. The blades moved so slowly that I had to note their relation to the background to be sure they were indeed in motion. Spiritual? Yeah. Somehow at the time, and still in my memory, they touched my spirit. Weird.

Sometimes I hear about people protesting against wind turbines, but I never hear of people railing against cell towers or power lines. Surely they negatively impact the environment. They are ugly and ubiquitous, but we never protest. They emit EMFs, with possible implications to human health: I'm talking cancer. Where is the outcry against power lines and cell towers? 

Wind, solar. Clean and sensible.