Sunday, June 16, 2013

enlightenment

Took a magazine quiz. Martha Beck in Oprah, probably published 2 years ago.

I'm a teacher, it's summer, and I'm catching up on my reading. I have a stack of novels and am working my way down the pile: Shreve, Kingsolver, and Lahiri. Also magazines. I quit subscribing, and rarely buy one because I just don't take the time to read them during the school year. I save them for summer and read at the beach. I'm currently making my way through 2-year-old Oprahs and Shambala Sun, a Buddhist magazine.

So I was at the beach. Popham Beach State Park in Phippsburg, Maine. It was hot and breezy. A huge long beach. My chair was near the waves. Surfers walked by. A few families. Found a quiz and took it.

According to the quiz; I have absent or very low needs for connection, security, influence, and accomplishment. I have a moderately strong need for enlightenment. That was strongest. The need for freedom, exploration, and enlightenment.

Bet you want to take the quiz too. Here's the link:
http://www.oprah.com/spirit/How-to-Determine-What-Motivates-You-Motivation-Style