Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Transitions

are traumatic.

I remember a child, perhaps a son, perhaps not. He hated transition. Wherever he was, that's where he wanted to be. No where else.

When it was time to move on, he cried and howled. I tried explaining. Described the new locale and why we had to move. OK, he was 2 years old. Explanations were useless. So I would pick him up and plop him, howling, into his car seat and off we'd go.

But I feel for the guy. Feel the same way. Transitions are traumatic.

Right now I'm moving from spring semester to summer. I was teaching 5 classes, now 3. I said goodbye to students. I'm in the office more. I have a cold.

I find myself getting irritated over small things. I'm inflexible. Smells, attitudes, and noises bother me. I feel far from center. It's transition. Time to meditate, do self-Reiki, spend time alone or with people who nourish me. Time in nature. Time to move: twist, stretch, hike, dig, and haul.