Tuesday, February 5, 2013

witchcraft

was in the email I received today.

Evaluations from a recent talk. One member of the audience, in reaction to my presentation, wrote simply, "witchcraft."

Should I take it as a compliment? I'd like to. I don't think it was meant as a compliment.

How strange. It was a stripped-down, medically-oriented, factual PowerPoint presentation on Reiki. There were quotes from Pamela Miles and summaries of research studies. There were photos of Usui, Hayashi, and Takata. There was a cute pic of a chihuahua getting Reiki: most people chuckled. There were objectives and references; it was scholarly.

I don't understand.

I never do, when I intend to help people and someone reacts with hostile negativity. I try to help people achieve their best health, without being pushy. I try to be as healthy as I possibly can. I ate kale today!

I wonder which part of the presentation triggered this response. I wonder what "witchcraft" means to this person. I wonder.