Saturday, December 1, 2012

Egg McMuffin

I went to the Chester Greenwood parade today. Got an Egg McMuffin on the way and shared it with Fluff. She ate some and that was good, as she hasn't been eating or drinking much the past few days.

She slept in the car as I stopped at the Farmer's Union to buy fresh, free-range eggs: $3.00/dozen. She slept in the car as I shopped at the craft fairs. I got little gifts for my Secret Santa at work. There were some really beautiful items there this year- complicated beaded jewelry and silver bracelets. There were charming felt cupcakes... but what does one do with a felt cupcake?

Then I went to visit my friends Betsy & Dave. I love their house: so warm and comfy. It's all wood floors and walls, Persian carpets, comfy sofas, a wall of plants, a ceiling of baskets, cats & dogs, and my good friends. While I ate a last piece of Thanksgiving apple pie, Betsy made Fluff a scrambled egg on toast and Fluff ate most of it.

Betsy and I went downtown and toured the octagon house. The local historical society is hoping to purchase it, and hosted an open house today. It's an old 8-sided brick house full of antiques; it already looks like a museum. Different local businesses took over a room- and decorated it for Christmas. There were beautiful floral arrangements, hot wassail, and cookies.

Today was good. Tomorrow I will be snowed in: will alternately shovel snow and read a good book.