Thursday, December 13, 2012

6 shooting stars

and a deer. That's what I saw on my way home tonight.

The first one was cool, but after the third I suspected that I was hallucinating. I pulled off the road to look at the sky and saw three more. Evidently it's the Geminid meteor shower.

The deer I saw once I got back to the city, just a few blocks from my house. The houses thin out and there's some woods on one side of the road, fields on the other. I saw a deer there last year too. I'm pretty sure there were two deer tonight, saw one for sure and the ghost of another. So probably two.

I went north for a meeting, up in the foothills. There was snow on the ground up there, and ice in the parking lots. We don't have any of that down here. We don't have all the stars either, too many lights here. I saw the Milky Way, Pleaiades lit up like a Christmas tree, Orion, and the Big Dipper. Lots of stars, some falling from the sky.