Thursday, October 11, 2012

time, distance, space

Thinking about my trip.

I went outside to sit on the deck, to look at the stars and contemplate journeys. It was cold, dark, and overcast. No stars. I yearned for Fluff and the garden. Fluff is at her doggy spa and my garden is hidden in darkness.

I woke up in Albuquerque today at 4:55 am, showered and appeared in the hotel lobby at 5:30. Got home at 8 pm. There's a complicated time difference. Wait, not that complicated: two hours. So I traveled for 12.5 hours. Car, two planes, bus, and car. Home.

Arrived home and it was 40 F outside, 58 F inside. I turned on the heat and hot water, looked at the mail, unpacked. Kept looking for Fluffy, oh yeah. Yesterday I sat beside the pool, and would have gone in if I'd had the time. The conference.