Friday, August 10, 2012

motor vehicle maintenance

Called car mechanic for appointment; car is due for annual inspection. Mechanic is awesome: honest, hardworking, and cool - - retired race car driver. I reminded him about warning lights on dashboard.

"It won't pass inspection with those on," he told me. "You have to take it to the dealer for that."

Went to the dealer. Four guys were standing around. Well, they happened to have an opening, yes, they could take care of my car right now. Two hundred dollars later the lights are off, but they found rust.

Called car mechanic; asked about rust.

"It won't pass inspection with rust," he told me. "You have to take it to a body shop for that." He recommended a local shop.

Went to the auto body shop. They can work on it in 10 days, loan me a loaner, and it's going to cost about $1000. They do inspections.