Friday, August 24, 2012

kale

My neighbor brought me some garden tomatoes. Delish.

I offered him some kale in return.

"Kale? What's that?" He asked.

"Um. It's a leafy green, full of vitamins, very nutritious. Like cabbage," I explained, ineffectually.

"I'll pass. Here, take these tomatoes! I just had a pop!" he said.

"A pop?" I asked, thinking, I don't think he means popsicles. Pop gun?

"A pop! C & C!"

Oh, some kind of alcohol. No wonder he's so friendly and expansive.

The tomatoes were delicious. I had them for supper.

Recipe:

Saute garlic in olive oil. Add a bunch of kale, chopped finely. Add crumbled red hot peppers and a handful of walnuts. Saute.

Cook pasta: whole wheat linguine, perhaps, to al dente. Strain and add to kale mixture. Saute, add parmesan cheese. Serve with fresh tomato chunks. Yum...

That was supper, except for parm. I'm off the parm. I crave it, think how much better everything would be with parm. *sigh* It was a very good supper. Kale.