Saturday, July 21, 2012

family

is the best.

Spent last weekend with my family. Went to my nephew's wedding in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Hot? Same temp as Maine, but all buildings there are super air-conditioned. Was breezy. Expected desert or prairie, but surrounding area was woody rolling hills.

Traveled with my younger son. He was kind and thoughtful every minute. Had an excellent trip. He even told me when the plane was about to land, so I wouldn't yelp. I don't care for flying.

Stayed in a hotel. I had my own room (heaven). Also in hotel: my two sons, a girlfriend, my sister and family, and my brother and family. That's: 2 sons, 1 girlfriend, 1 sister, 1 BIL, 1 niece, 1 brother, 1 SIL, 2 nephews, and 1 girlfriend. The rest of the family stayed in other hotels in the area.

The hotel had a pool and free breakfast. We spent a lot of time in the pool. And some time drinking and talking in my sons' suite. Honey whiskey?

There were 26 of us at dinner on Saturday night, and 16 on Sunday.

The wedding was in a mansion on the Arkansas River in Tulsa. The colors were turquoise and orange. The bouquets were origami flowers. The food was Indonesian. Oh, and it was a Jewish wedding, under the chuppah.

Lovely. The bride was sweet and generous, the groom was thrilled. They were in love. It was beautiful.

Last family reunion was five years ago, at my brother's wedding. So good to see my family.