Thursday, June 7, 2012

where's Myrtle?

She's been very good to me. Hardly ever steers me wrong. Ok, sometimes she gets impatient.

Mostly she's good at offering advice, showing me my path, and assisting me on my journey. She maintains professional behavior, never criticizes my appearance, and is there when I need her. She does occaisionally criticize my choices. I usually follow her advice.

There was just the one time she gave me really bad advice, and I ended up in a bean field in Sacramento. Everyone screws up every now and then, right?

She's having a mid-life crisis. I can't reach her. I call and there's no answer. She's unstable.

Wail! I can't find myself; I don't know where to go. Should I take a left turn or keep going this way? I'm just not sure.

So I go the the website. Evidently I need to update my maps. I try. It doesn't work. Myrtle is lost, gone forever? Will keep trying. Come back, Myrtle, please. I promise to take your  advice. You won't have to tell me, "Recalculating" because I'll turn when you tell me to. For sure. Just come back. I barely made it to Pierce St, Augusta, ME today without you. I need you in my life.

Thank you.