Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Weight Watchers

is like meditation.

Just keep going back. Back to the mantra, back to the breath, back to the program.

Not working for you? Check directions. Take a class. Do it with a friend.

Weight Watchers works for me. I lost some weight 5 years ago, and told myself if I started to gain I'd go back. I gained 10# this winter, so went back. Yeah, those healthy seeds and nuts? Lots of calories, more than I need. That's why I gained. That and a change in work schedule that impacted my exercise routine. And snow-light winter, less shoveling. I gained.

Back to the program. Week 1. Weighed in: eek. Tried hard, walked far, no chocolate. Week 2: lost 4.6 pounds. Yay! Bought a new dress. Still no chocolate, but what if I starve? Ate lots of fruits & vegies. Stressful week. Ate more fruits & vegies. Did some weeding (see dandelions) but no long walks. Week 3. Gained a pound. Oh no! It's the tempeh, right? Too much sodium? All water weight. What evs. The important bits: get back on program and be accountable.

Note to self: be pos. It feels good to eat right and lose. I have more energy. Kale is good. Ginger too, and fresh spring water. Just get back. Didn't one of those Beatles ... PM, Get Back.