Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lemurian seed stones

So I've been having this ethical dilemma about stones. Stones and crystals.

It all started when someone told me she was going mining for stones. "We use dynamite! We blast and then go in and pick up the crystals!"

Well, I felt that blast in my solar plexus. Gaia! Is that how we get stones?

I've been polling people ever since. And imposed a moratorium on adding to my collection of stones. I love stones. I have the amethyst grotto on my altar, earrings (rhodocrosite, fluorite, amethyst...), bracelets (amethyst, rose quartz, malachite, lapis...) and loose stones: calcite, citrine, amethyst, carnelian, jasper, tourmaline...

Today I asked several people. I was at a psychic fair. There were lots of stones. One person said, "Stones offer themselves to us." I remembered Angela telling me that if I find a stone, I must ask it if it wants to come home with me.

On my way out of the fair, I stopped at one last booth. A tall, thin, woman was playing three singing bowls. I heard them while speaking with the wise man; a background to our thoughtful discussion. I noticed some small, brilliant crystals on display. The sign said, "Lemurian seed crystals."

"What are those?" I wondered. I picked up a couple of them. They were small, pointed on one end, with various striations,inclusions, and degrees of clarity. $3. My price range. I got out my wallet and the woman stopped playing the bowls. She walked over to give me change and I asked about the sign. "What does that mean?"

She launched into a lengthy intelligent explanation and I listened, at first with skepticism, and then with growing interest and acceptance. "Well crystals usually form on a matrix, but these were found spread out on sand. Scientists couldn't explain how they were formed. Some people got together to meditate, and decided they were encoded in Lemuria. See the little lines? We think they were coded in Lemuria.. . have you heard of Lemuria?"

I nodded.

"Coded then, to be reunited now. And activated."

While she spoke I found another that spoke to me. So I bought two. One is a milky blob that rises to a brilliant, clear point. The other has one side that is bubbly, otherwise a clear point. Lemurian seed crystals, hello again.