Monday, March 19, 2012

cha cha cha chia

Is it the seeds?

I had an appointment with my wonderful nurse practitioner this morning. That's right, not a doctor, an NP. The schedulers never book enough time and we gab way too much. "We're just going to have to go out to lunch sometime," she said. We talk about nursing, health, various conditions, friends & relatives, and our own health. We collaborated on my health plan and decided to snooze on a mammogram and a colonoscopy, but plan that I will lose 5 pounds. I like to snooze.

Best part: my numbers. BP down. Cholesterol and blood sugar down. Good fat (HDL) up. Bad one (LDL) down.

Is it the seeds? I eat seeds every day: chia, sesame, sunflower, and flax. I also eat that Shakeology stuff: roots & plants with intense anti-oxidant properties.

Numbers were good; doing something right.