Thursday, December 29, 2011

winter break 2011

... is going by way too fast. I had big plans to write a scholarly article, join a local gym, and paint my bathroom.

Instead I spent time with family: ostensibly resting and relaxing; but actually shopping, wrapping, driving, cooking, serving, cleaning, and facilitating the happiness of others. I answered work emails daily, went in to work three days, and traveled other days. I haven't spent a full day at home the whole time.

I learned some new board games: Apples to Apples and Catan. I read The Descendants (SO good), and started Major Pettigrew's Last Stand (excellent). Changed oil in car, washed car, saw a few friends, and checked on my assisted living facility.

So I've kept busy and connected. But no article, no gym, and my bathroom remains baby boy blue.