Sunday, February 20, 2011

warmer & wiser

Well there. Had to call for an emergency delivery of fuel oil for which I was charged $125. I tried to tough it out: turned thermostat to 58F, let the dishes pile up, etc. Then I remembered I'm not a camper girl. I mean, maybe I could be. Rough it: how fun!

Yeah, but I'm not.

So I got the oil and cranked the heat back on, washed dishes. Now that was fun. So fun I swiffered the floors, vacuumed, shook out rugs, watered the plants, and put stuff away. Now my house is alive, warm, and clean.

Next time I mail the check to the oil company when the tank is 3/8 full, not 1/8 full. Yet since they had my check last week, I will call and negotiate. If they demonstrate excellent customer service I will remain a customer. If not, phh, plenty other oil companies around.