Monday, February 21, 2011

oil, again

This morning I called the oil company and talked with a nice receptionist, a rude and sarcastic manager, and a courteous manager. Home heating oil, that is.

I explained that they had my check on Friday morning, that someone called to verify my account, yet the oil was not delivered.

"Did you want oil delivered?"  he asked.

"Yes, that's why I sent the check,"  I replied.

"You should have known the delivery would be on Monday,"  he countered.

"How would I know that?"  I asked.  "I  ran out of oil on Sunday and had to pay $125 for an emergency delivery.   I would like a refund or credit to my account for the $125".

"I still have to pay the driver. Do you want me to take back his pay?"

So no refund. No credit.

"You're losing a customer."

"Whatever."

 I called another company and set up an account.