Monday, October 4, 2010

Wow, what an intense weekend. Friday I did reiki at the cancer center, and finally met my boss. He is charismatic, kind, and caring. He has beautiful energy. His sister, M, runs the center and he visits annually. M is an angel. She works from an open heart, wide open heart chakra.

So Friday I did reiki with B, a new practitioner. He said he saw my energy as a green glow, and my energy went into the client. Our energies meshed nicely, and he established rapport with the clients easily; he will be awesome. It's so wonderful to work there. After reiki B and I went to the park to deliver tables for the reiki weekend. It was pouring rain. John was there too, visiting from DC. I've been friends with John since I was 12 and he was 13. The ground was squishy and the rain was pounding down; we lugged reiki tables into the tents. Then John came to see my new house and I made him tea. M had given me the tea, and it was complicated. Not tea bags. I had to boil the leaves until the water turned green, and then add a teaspoon of the spice mix.

The tea came out way strong. It was like espresso tea. We gagged and choked it down anyway: we are thrifty. Then John went off, to other friends.

Saturday and Sunday was reiki in the tents. I went back and forth between the big Reiki/Massage tent and the  tiny private corner of another tent. We had like 5 tables and 10 practitioners in the Reiki/Massage tent. The athletes came in after the trek... they walked, ran, or biked 10, 25, 50, or 100 miles: over 4000 of them. They all had stories. The stories are the best part.

The clients, the message, magical reiki practitioners, the staff... the cancer center is amazing. I am so lucky to be part of that place, so blessed to do reiki with people.

Reiki at the cancer center is the best part of my life.