Sunday, May 30, 2010

Sacramento
















Postcard from Sacramento. Wandered around a nature preserve on the American River and saw 4 deer, a turkey, a hummingbird, swallows, a black lizard, magpies, and a Golden Eagle. Back at the education center I saw lots of school-kids and I got to hold a Gopher Snake. I saw an ancient grinding stone, with room for several grinders.

I toured the gardens at the Rudolph Steiner College in Fair Oaks. The vegetables are huge and well-tended. The gardens are laid out in tiers on a slope. Ducks wander among the rows, eating bugs I suppose.

Went to a gold-rush town: Sutter Creek. Sat by the pool with siblings. Went to Old Town Sacramento- jazz festival weekend. Ate Thai curry.

Out in the country it's golden prairie and rolling hills with vineyards. There are horses and beef critters, roadside stands with fresh cherries. In the suburbs are stucco houses, yucca plants, and roses.

OK, gotta go do a reiki attunement. More later.