Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reiki on TV


Did you see the reiki segment on TV the other night? That's my program! And the practitioner, Kathi, is my friend, colleague, and reiki student! Pretty cool!

It's a beautiful segment about reiki. Unfortunately, there were a few errors in the report. Here are the errors.
  • The energy doesn't come from the practitioner, it comes from the Universal Source. Reiki students learn how to access that energy.
  • Reiki did not originate in Tibet. In our time it came from Mikao Usui, of Japan.
  • Reiki is not massage, it is a gentle touch.The recipient remains clothed. The practitioner can work in the energy field a few inches above the body, or can gently place hands on the body.
Despite the errors, overall it was nicely done. Thanks to everyone involved for helping to spread a positive message.

Channel 6 Buddy to Buddy: http://www.wcsh6.com/life/community/health/buddy_checks/story.aspx?storyid=114182&catid=22
that's the link.

One of my students asked me what I say when I do reiki. When I start a reiki session I ask my angels and guides, "Please use me to help this wonderful person. Help them to acheive the greatest good across all multidimensions of time and space. Thank you. Please work through my heart to channel love. Please guide my hands (hands in prayer position over heart chakra), and show me what I need to see (hands in prayer position over third eye). Thank you."
I say something like that. And I picture the reiki symbols. And as I work, I pray to channel love and health.